Monday, May 30, 2011

{Reality Check} List

I decided to make a Reality Check List to keep myself in check when I am freaking out. It's so easy to lose sight of God's truths and the reality of our lives. I will be adding to list during the next 6 months, probably mostly in the form of listing things to be thankful for, as inspired by Ann Voskamp's "One Thousand Gifts." But for now, I will keep this list visible and with me at all times. 

{Reality Check} List:
  • God loves me & I am forgiven.
  • God has His best in mind for me.
  • I have the most amazing husband.
  • Faith is my good-hearted, wonderful little girl.
  • Charlie brings me constant joy.
  • Eating more chocolate will NOT make me feel better.
  • My family and friends do care about me.
  • Everything is for a season.
  • Worrying will not make anything better.
  • My body is God's temple; sacrifice it to Him.
  • It's not worth it to get mad at Faith.
  • I can enjoy time.
  • There is always so much to be thankful for. List 3 things right now.
  • My hurting heart will feel better, and this pain will end.
  • Write a song about it! ♪♫♫♪♪
  • I am excited to see what God wants to teach me through this deployment.

2 comments:

  1. Great List and such wonderful reminders for yourself!!! God is faithful to show you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!!! New follower from the Tour of Duty Study!!
    Misty @ http://monkeysandtutus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete